WCF + Azure October 2008 SDK = Time to upgrade


Around the beginning of January, 2009, I began my experimentation with Azure. This meant installing the October 2008 SDK. Being a WCF geek, I tried writing a service a few minutes after I got Hello World working. Complete FAIL. No matter what binding I tried, I would get a message about having issues with config not allowing partially trusted assemblies. I tried all sorts of things to get the service working, and I eventually got something going by writing custom ServiceHostFactory (no config) that also stripped out the multiple HTTP endpoints appearing when the web site tried to create the service. Not exactly a happy experience. On January 14, a new version dropped. Now, I am reduced to using the basicHttpBinding, but I don’t need to use the custom ServiceHostFactory to diagnose things.

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: