Once you have Virtual Box up and running, you’ll want to install the Virtual Box Guest Additions. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start your Ubuntu VM and log in.
- Press the right CTRL key and select Devices->Install Guest Additions.
- Open up a terminal window (Applications->Accessories->Terminal)
- type in: cd /media/cdrom
- type in: sudo bash ./autorun.sh
- A new window will come up and work for a while. When it is done, it will tell you to reboot the VM. Reboot the VM when you see this message.
- Log in again when the reboot is complete.
- Press [Right Ctrl]+F. You now have full screen mode activated.
I’m posting this because the top rated instructions for Virtual Box and Ubuntu 9.04 that enable Full Screen mode have too many steps.